Re: FYI - Blead changes to ExtUtils::CBuilder

From:
Ken Williams
Date:
Re: FYI - Blead changes to ExtUtils::CBuilder
Message ID:
6a7ee8cc0808302032v480c9b89v6ba525f4c7406aa2@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Jerry D. Hedden <jdhedden@cpan.org> wrote:
> In case you missed it, changes 34200 and 34219 to blead made changes
> to lib/ExtUtils/CBuilder/Platform/cygwin.pm.

The changes to link_executable() in changelist 34200 don't make sense
to me, so I haven't applied them yet.  If it's trying to "revert the
stupid Unix cc=ld override", why does it do "local $self->{config}{cc}
= $self->{config}{ld};" ?  That seems like it propagates the override
even further.

 -Ken