[BUG] nonxs modules in ext/ installed in arch libs [was Re: Moving lib/ modules to ext/?]

From:
Jerry D. Hedden
Date:
August 27, 2008 13:31
Subject:
[BUG] nonxs modules in ext/ installed in arch libs [was Re: Moving lib/ modules to ext/?]
Message ID:
1ff86f510808271331g2ca7b0ffo30b9e44c42f47591@mail.gmail.com

Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:
> Oh. I might have failed on that bit.

Yes, I just noticed this.  It seems that anything that is built
'nonxs' from ext/ is placed in architecture-DEPENDENT dirs.

This is very bad because arch libs come first in @INC.  That means
that upgrading such modules from CPAN will not work correctly because
the upgraded code will be masked by the old code.

This needs to be fixed.  Can anyone give some insight as to where to
start looking?