[perl #58254] Term::ReadLine perl5.8.8 F_BackwardDeleteChar undefined when pressing backspace

From:
Morten Bjørnsvik
Date:
August 22, 2008 15:17
Subject:
[perl #58254] Term::ReadLine perl5.8.8 F_BackwardDeleteChar undefined when pressing backspace
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-29762-1219418036-902.58254-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Morten Bjørnsvik
# Please include the string:  [perl #58254]

Hi

This is base perl 5.8.8 opensuse10.2 norwegian character set

Whenever I press backspace when in readline mode I get this error:

Comm-console 'master1'>Undefined subroutine readline::F_BackwardDeleteChar at /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Term/ReadLine/readline.pm line 1668

I've looked in the source and the subsoutine is defined.

Everything hangs, Have to kill it manually from another window.

Thanks

--

Morten Bjørnsvik

Experian Decision Analytics AS