Re: the warning about parents in Universal->isa

From:
Yuval Kogman
Date:
Re: the warning about parents in Universal->isa
Message ID:
20080822151144.GR22989@woobling.org
On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 15:56:29 +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> To my mind it seems more logical behaviour that you ISA what you say you ISA,
> always, rather than the intersection of what you say you are, and what is
> loaded. After all, you get a warning (and probably an error) if you try to
> do anything based on what you say you ISA if it's not loaded.

I find this warning annoying.

In Class::MOP anonymous classes are garbage collected, and their
DESTROY handler deletes the stash (this is used for various runtime
things).

During global destruction since GC the ordering is not guaranteed,
superclasses can disappear before their subclasses, triggering this
warning.

Also now that we have DOES it seems fair to just shove names onto
@ISA for interfaces with no functionality whatsoever.

In short, ++

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch@woobling.org>