Re: Testing ext/ and lib/ in parallel

From:
Eric Wilhelm
Date:
Re: Testing ext/ and lib/ in parallel
Message ID:
200808130838.40066.ewilhelm@cpan.org
# from Rafael Garcia-Suarez
# on Wednesday 13 August 2008 07:55:

>> That is, one job is running and still needs to run several tests
>> scripts while all others jobs are doing nothing (because the only
>> tests left to run are the ones in lib/Memoize/).
>
>I'd favor putting a file in the t/ directory. This way it can be
>extracted and maintained separately.

Perhaps even something that prove can load?  The business of relative
filenames being different than they are in the dist case might require
some trickery (t/harness loads the file, prepends the path to $dist/t/
for each rule, then merges all of the dist rules together?)

--Eric
--
"I've often gotten the feeling that the only people who have learned
from computer assisted instruction are the authors."