Re: Test::Smoke and harness output

From:
Bram
Date:
Re: Test::Smoke and harness output
Message ID:
20080810112911.desrdzl06ckgkwsc@horde.wizbit.be
Citeren Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>:

> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 11:19:20AM +0200, Abe Timmerman wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> This release "fixes" Test::Smoke wrt. the changed output of
>> Test::Harness (which I really don't like!).
>
> By default, does Test::Smoke run the tests using ./TEST, and then only re-run
> with ./harness if tests fail? Or does it now use Test::Harness first time?

That depends on the configuration of the smoke.

During the configuration the question is asked:

'Use harness only (skip TEST)?'

If you answer n then ./TEST is run and if there is a failure then
./harness is run.
Smokes that are configured like this and run a blead smoke (with
Test::Smoke 1.33) will show FAIL(X) and the failures won't be visible.
(assuming there was a failure).

If you answer y then only ./harness is run.
Smokes that are configured like this and run a blead smoke (with
Test::Smoke 1.33) will show PASS-so-far and the failures won't be
visible. (assuming there was a failure).

Everyone running a blead smoke should upgrade Test::Smoke.

Kind regards,

Bram