Re: 'X' outside of string in unpack error in microperl

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
Re: 'X' outside of string in unpack error in microperl
Message ID:
20080808161549.GT40282@plum.flirble.org
On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 10:51:44AM +0530, Ram kumar wrote:
> hi,
>       I have successfully cross compiled microperl for my arm platform
> with the atmel processor at91sam9260.But when i run the exiftool which
> is dependent on perl it throws some errors.I guess it is because of
> some missing perl modules in micro perl.
>
> Please suggest me how to overcome this error ????
>
> first i invoke the exiftool with this command.....
> ./exiftool /image.jpg
>
> Exiftool throws....error like this....
>
> 'X' outside of string in unpack at lib/Image/Exiftool.pm line
> 2335,EXIFTOOL_FILE chunk 2"
>
> Is it bacause of some missing perl modules or functions like readdir
> in microperl....

It might be, it might not be. It's really hard for anyone other than
yourself to diagnose this further, as anyone else doesn't have access
to your system, or your particular binaries as built, and your
questions don't give us very much information to go on. (Plus, don't
forget that everyone on this list is volunteering their time and have
their own jobs to get done too.)

For example, you don't even say whether building a regular perl from a copy
of same source code as you've been building microperl, and using the same
version of Image::Exiftool, give the same error. Because right now it's not
clear whether image.jpg is a subtly corrupt file that Image::Exiftool is
choking on.

Nicholas Clark