'X' outside of string in unpack error in microperl

From:
Ram kumar
Date:
August 4, 2008 22:21
Subject:
'X' outside of string in unpack error in microperl
Message ID:
6306c640808042221r3f39204csa668c84f3fad12ba@mail.gmail.com
hi,
      I have successfully cross compiled microperl for my arm platform
with the atmel processor at91sam9260.But when i run the exiftool which
is dependent on perl it throws some errors.I guess it is because of
some missing perl modules in micro perl.

Please suggest me how to overcome this error ????

first i invoke the exiftool with this command.....
./exiftool /image.jpg

Exiftool throws....error like this....

'X' outside of string in unpack at lib/Image/Exiftool.pm line
2335,EXIFTOOL_FILE chunk 2"

Is it bacause of some missing perl modules or functions like readdir
in microperl....

Please throw some light on this error ????

NOTE:exiftool depends on perl.So i am trying to replace perl with
microperl since space is a constraint.

Regards,
Ram