Re: Iterator::Diamond (Was: Re: Fighting the Good Fight against spam deluge)

From:
Johan Vromans
Date:
Re: Iterator::Diamond (Was: Re: Fighting the Good Fight against spam deluge)
Message ID:
m2bq08tx26.fsf_-_@phoenix.squirrel.nl
Suggestions so far:

    Iterator::Files
    Iterator::FileList
    Iterator::Lines
    Iterator::FileListLines
    Iterator::Slurpy
    Iterator::Chunks
    Iterator::FileChunks
    Iterator::Content
    Iterator::Stream

Since we're on the boundaries of file names and file contents
processing, I'd prefer Iterator::Files.

So, Iterator::Files is a general purpose 'give me a list of file names
and I'll give you all the records as if it were one big happy file'
iterator.

Iterator::Diamond is a derived iterator that uses @ARGV by default,
and interacts (more or less) with the globals ARGV, ARGVOUT, $ARGV and
$^I.

Note that Iterator::Diamond is still an iterator, and not a
transparent <> replacement.

-- Johan