Re: [perl #57016] debugger: o warn=0 die=0 ignored

From:
Tye McQueen
Date:
Re: [perl #57016] debugger: o warn=0 die=0 ignored
Message ID:
f57370570808021139p33dd9119h4880aab4baac1e25@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Bram <p5p@perl.wizbit.be> wrote:

> A small note tho: o warnLevel 0  is not intended to simulate $SIG{__WARN__}
> = 0.
>
> What it is supposed to do is restore the previously set warning handler.
>
> Currently if no previously handler is set then  o warnLevel 0  is a NUL op.

No, it is supposed to restore the previous state of the warn handle.  Having
no warn handler is a previous state.  It worked properly before (prior to
the refactoring that changed "O" to "o").

May I ask at what Strawberry Perl you are looking?

Maybe I patched it myself long ago and forgot about it.

Tye