Re: Fighting the Good Fight against spam deluge

From:
chromatic
Date:
Re: Fighting the Good Fight against spam deluge
Message ID:
200808021053.24143.chromatic@wgz.org
On Saturday 02 August 2008 02:14:22 Johan Vromans wrote:

> chromatic <chromatic@wgz.org> writes:

> > On Friday 01 August 2008 12:28:30 Johan Vromans wrote:

> > > Besides, it is very easy and straightforward to write:
> > >
> > >   { local (@ARGV) = @filelist;
> > >     $input = Iterator::Files->new;
> > >     while ( <$input> ) { ... }
> > >   }
> >
> > Ideally, I'd like to see new features in Perl 5 rely on fewer globals and
> > require fewer lines of code.  Succinctness and clarity sometimes go
> > together.

> Suggestions?

	my $input = Iterator::Files->new(@filelist);
	while (<$input>) { ... }

Creating a new API in 2008 which requires the localization of a magic global
to do something obvious seems wrong to me.

-- c