develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2008

Re: RF help with a v5.10 Heisenbug, please?

From:
Andy Armstrong
Date:
Re: RF help with a v5.10 Heisenbug, please?
Message ID:
02BCE88C-950B-4FD3-BFF9-A6B365F80382@hexten.net
On 31 Jul 2008, at 05:56, Tom Christiansen wrote:
>> Attaching with gdb should work find - just gdb perl <pid>.
>
> Oh, good.  If ktrace doesn't enclue me, I'll build a debugging
> perl and do that.

The results may be instructive even with a non-debugging Perl. If you
get another hang before you're debug enabled it's probably worth
pointing gdb at it.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten