develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2008

Re: RF help with a v5.10 Heisenbug, please?

From:
Richard Foley
Date:
Re: RF help with a v5.10 Heisenbug, please?
Message ID:
200807310821.01099.Richard.Foley@rfi.net
On Thursday 31 July 2008 07:04:14 Tom Christiansen wrote:

> Wish it were a cut-and-dry repro thing.

I'm sure it will be, once you know what the issue is...

	;-)

I had a problem recently which showed up at a remote site, but not on the
local machine where my testing suite ran through perfectly.  After much
hair-pulling, (which these days is difficult enough), it turned out that
while both systems were running identical code, they were also running
against different databases.  It was obvious in hindsight, it usually is - so
now the test suite properly runs right through on both dbs...

--
Richard Foley
Ciao - shorter than aufwiedersehen

http://www.rfi.net/