develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2008

RE: RF help with a v5.10 Heisenbug, please?

From:
Horsley, Tom
Date:
RE: RF help with a v5.10 Heisenbug, please?
Message ID:
653CEFD4210E904494F3E2FB9F6A4797128B113B3F@FLMX07.iccur.com
>    set path = `echo $path | tr ' ' '\12' | perl -nle 'print if -d and ($dev,$ino) = stat(_) and not $seen{$dev,$ino}++'`

Any time something doing a stat hangs for me, it is always an NFS problem. Does $path have "." in it
(or some other relative component), possibly the randomness is due to being positioned it
different places at different times? Certainly strace should be able to show if it is just
sitting in a stat().