develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2008

Re: RF help with a v5.10 Heisenbug, please?

From:
Andy Armstrong
Date:
Re: RF help with a v5.10 Heisenbug, please?
Message ID:
1DFF5E04-DD4D-4F65-9B16-0744950D7359@hexten.net
On 30 Jul 2008, at 21:29, Tom Christiansen wrote:
> I've thought of building a debugging perl and trying to remotely
> attach to it once it's in spin-mode via gdb (if that's this
> possible?).
>
> Has anybody ever attempted this?

Did you try strace on it or whatever the local equivalent is?

Attaching with gdb should work find - just gdb perl <pid>.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten