develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2008

Re: [perl #57244] crash with recursive regexp

From:
Zefram
Date:
Re: [perl #57244] crash with recursive regexp
Message ID:
20080726101354.GX6303@fysh.org
Eric Brine wrote:
>That should be

No, it does work as written, provided that $datum_rx is in scope where
$array_rx is executed.  Your version doesn't change that: $datum_rx
still needs to be in scope at execution.  In the real application
some of the regexps are "our" rather than "my", and the (??{}) uses
a fully-qualified name: this is the only way to make the recursive
reference work independently of execution context.

>but that's not related to the bug in Perl.

Indeed.

-zefram