develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2008

[perl #57080] Problem in Exporter

From:
Anno Siegel
Date:
July 18, 2008 14:09
Subject:
[perl #57080] Problem in Exporter
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-29759-1216398599-1246.57080-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Anno Siegel
# Please include the string:  [perl #57080]

This is a bug report for perl from anno@oliva.zrz.tu-berlin.de,
generated with the help of perlbug 1.36 running under perl 5.10.0.

I believe there is a small bug in Exporter.pm that can lead to error
messages from Exporter being mis-attributed (as in file and line) by
Carp.  The error is reported as coming from Exporter, not the place
where the user called Exporter::import.  This happens when Carp is an
older version than the current one (not sure how old).  Since (the
new) Exporter can be downloaded from CPAN this situation is not
uncommon.  It is, however, not the case on the machine I'm reporting
from.

The patch below, which rectifies the situation, is against Exporter
in bleadperl. I should perhaps have patched the CPAN version instead,
which is the one that actually needs a correction, but thought of
that too late.

Regards,

Anno