develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2008

Re: watchdog() for threads tests?

From:
Jerry D. Hedden
Date:
Re: watchdog() for threads tests?
Message ID:
1ff86f510807160814vc6d2bd8v3ec212101a095a57@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Steve Hay <SteveHay@planit.com> wrote:
> Hi Jerry,
>
> Would it be worth adding a watchdog() call to a couple of threads tests?
>
> My VC9 smoke last weekend hung after writing an 'ok' for
> ../ext/threads/t/free.t, which probably means that it was the next test
> that failed. Logs for other smokes show that the next test would have
> been ../ext/threads/t/free2.t, so that one at least is probably worth
> doing.

I apologize for not being aware of this problem.
It's probably related to bug 41574.
If it recurs often, I'll probably skip the test under MSWin32.