develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2008

Problem in Exporter

From:
Anno Siegel
Date:
July 15, 2008 11:21
Subject:
Problem in Exporter
Message ID:
85409798-2F4C-416E-B35A-41B2399B9786@mailbox.tu-berlin.de
I believe there is a small bug in Exporter.pm that can lead to error
messages from Exporter being mis-attributed (as in file and line) by
Carp.  The error is reported as coming from Exporter, not the place
where the user called Exporter::import.  This happens when Carp is an
older version than the current one (not sure how old).  Since (the
new) Exporter can be downloaded from CPAN this situation is not
uncommon.

The patch below is against Exporter in bleadperl. I should perhaps
have patched the CPAN version instead, which is the one that actually
needs it, but thought of that too late.

Regards,

Anno