develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2008

Re: my $foo = "bar" if $baz;

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
Re: my $foo = "bar" if $baz;
Message ID:
20080711082949.GZ94237@plum.flirble.org
On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 01:20:10AM -0500, Stephen Clouse wrote:

> Sadly I lack the time to try to reproduce it, and it was such a heisenbug

> Sorry it's not a test case, but maybe that gives one of you smarter core
> developers a clue on where to start looking.

I think the core developers suffer the same problem as you in the "time" front.

If no-one recognises it immediately, and there isn't a test case, it's likely
that no-one will investigate further. No-one is paid to do it, and this state
of affairs seems to follow logically from that. Sorry that that's how it is.

Nicholas Clark