develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2008

Re: my $foo = "bar" if $baz;

From:
Andy Armstrong
Date:
Re: my $foo = "bar" if $baz;
Message ID:
1C8C8585-3809-4320-8934-DF2C23688810@hexten.net
On 10 Jul 2008, at 23:09, Dave Mitchell wrote:
>> It's understood that it's a bad idea but it doesn't seem great that
>> it
>> can screw things so badly. Is this a known problem with 5.10?
>
> I'm not aware of any such problem.
>
> The diagnosis may be a red herring; removing the statement modifiers
> may have simply changed the execution in such a way that the
> corruption
> (elsewhere) was no longer triggered.
>
> Difficult to comment further without a test case. Or perhaps you could
> suggest to the OP that he run his prog under valgrind?

Thanks Dave - I mainly wanted to check it wasn't something known that
I'd missed. I'll advise OP.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten