[RFC] Dual-lifing test.pl

From:
Jerry D. Hedden
Date:
June 30, 2008 09:33
Subject:
[RFC] Dual-lifing test.pl
Message ID:
1ff86f510806300932j2eb5e518l64bff4495c0685d6@mail.gmail.com
From what I can tell, there are well over a dozen dual-lived
modules that incorporate test.pl into their distributions.
Rather than continuing this trend, I would like to propose
turning it into a module and dual-lifing it to CPAN.

I was thinking of the module name Test::CORE for this
purpose.

By doing this, module maintainers could remove test.pl from
their distributions, and add a dependency on Test::CORE in
Makefile.PL.

Of course, I am also volunteering to do this work and
maintain the new module.