Re: This Week on perl5-porters - 1-6 June 2008

From:
Ed Avis
Date:
June 30, 2008 03:41
Re: This Week on perl5-porters - 1-6 June 2008
Message ID:
loom.20080630T103518-424@post.gmane.org
Barrie Slaymaker <barries <at> slaysys.com> writes:

>Hi.  IPC::Run original author here.  IPC::Run should not be looked at as
>a system() replacement; it's a thick, heavy convenience module.

I see.  Then IPC::System::Simple is the lightweight replacement for builtin
system(), which takes care of the grungy details like testing for coredumps and
signals.

--
Ed Avis <eda@waniasset.com>