[perl #51410] File::Glob fails to set error

From:
Bram via RT
Date:
June 29, 2008 10:56
Subject:
[perl #51410] File::Glob fails to set error
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-6656-1214732514-394.51410-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Mar 04 09:15:29 2008, nicholas wrote:
> This is a bug report for perl from nick@ccl4.org,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.36 running under perl 5.11.0.

> [Please enter your report here]
>
> Test 6 of ext/File/Glob/t/basic.t fails sometimes for me.
> It's a test that creates a directory which is unreadable, then tries
>    to glob
> it, to make sure that the error gets returned.
>
> It basically does this:
>
> $ ./perl -Ilib -MFile::Glob=:glob -wle 'mkdir "Pie", 0; my @a =
>    bsd_glob("Pie/*", GLOB_ERR); print GLOB_ERROR, " >@a<"; rmdir
>    "Pie"'
> 0 ><
> $ ./perl -Ilib -MFile::Glob=:glob -wle 'mkdir "Pie", 0; my @a =
>    bsd_glob("Pie/*", GLOB_ERR); print GLOB_ERROR, " >@a<"; rmdir
>    "Pie"'
> 0 ><
> $ ./perl -Ilib -MFile::Glob=:glob -wle 'mkdir "Pie", 0; my @a =
>    bsd_glob("Pie/*", GLOB_ERR); print GLOB_ERROR, " >@a<"; rmdir
>    "Pie"'
> -2 ><

Would it be a good idea to expand the test to try it a number of times?
(so that it can be picked up by the smoke reports if it, occasionanly,
fails on other platforms)

Kind regards,

Bram