Re: IPC::Run [was: This Week on perl5-porters - 1-6 June 2008]

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
June 28, 2008 03:12
Re: IPC::Run [was: This Week on perl5-porters - 1-6 June 2008]
Message ID:
20080628101239.GR94237@plum.flirble.org
On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 07:52:46AM -0400, Barrie Slaymaker wrote:
> Nicholas Clark wrote:
> >Heck, can't we *fix* the socket bug in Win32 by simply closing all the
> >PerlIO*s associated with sockets in perl_destruct?
> >
> That sounds like it would work for perl child processes, but if the
> child process is a C program that just exits, the trailing output gets lost.

Good point, which is particularly pertinent given the Subject.
Mmm. Maybe we can't win.

Nicholas Clark