Re: [rt.cpan.org #37149] shared hashes fail to preserve utf-8ness of keys

From:
Jerry D. Hedden
Date:
June 27, 2008 09:26
Re: [rt.cpan.org #37149] shared hashes fail to preserve utf-8ness of keys
Message ID:
1ff86f510806270926t14ae787fhf0d4079cc4ea32f4@mail.gmail.com
> Transaction: Ticket created by JGMYERS
>       Queue: threads-shared
>     Subject: shared hashes fail to preserve utf-8ness of keys
>   Broken in: 1.14
>    Severity: Normal
>       Owner: Nobody
>  Requestors: JGMYERS@cpan.org
>  Ticket <URL: http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=37149 >
>
> Per the attached test case, shared hash tables fail to preserve the
> utf8::is_utf8()-ness of hash keys.

I've attached a patch that I think address this, as well as
a test file that passes with the patch.  (All the other test
files in threads::shared pass, too.)

However, I profess great ignorance in the proper handling of
UTF-8.  I would be grateful for help from anyone familiar
with UTF-8 stuff to advise me if further changes are needed.
Thanks.