Re: [perl #56348] glob() with spaces - documentation unclear

From:
Paul Fenwick
Date:
June 26, 2008 01:18
Re: [perl #56348] glob() with spaces - documentation unclear
Message ID:
486350AA.1020306@perltraining.com.au
G'day Ben,

Ben Morrow wrote:

> Since it recently came up on clpmisc :), it's probably worth mentioning
> that glob omits files beginning with '.' on all OSen, even those which
> don't treat such files as 'hidden'.

I did try to allude to that in my patch, with the example of glob(".* *")
matching everything in a directory.

> a lot of Perl programmers won't be familiar with csh nowadays

"What would csh do?"

> (thankfully :) ).  I realise this is all documented in File::Glob, but
> at least an explicit mention that that is the place to look for the
> pattern spec would be useful.

Any wording suggestions?  ;)

Cheerio,

	Paul