Re: Why $@ makes me cry

From:
merlyn
Date:
June 25, 2008 18:20
Re: Why $@ makes me cry
Message ID:
861w2l6lfx.fsf@blue.stonehenge.com
>>>>> "Aristotle" == Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis@gmx.de> writes:

Aristotle> IMNSHO we really need take a page from Larry here and step back
Aristotle> to reconsider the entire mechanism. We will far more likely
Aristotle> manage to fix `eval`’s problems by introducing a new, parallel
Aristotle> facility that works sanely.

Not for the hundreds, if not thousands, if not tens of thousands of
programs written that say:

Solve it for that first.