Re: [perl #43267] [RESOLVED] Counting bug in Test::Harness withunexpected early exit

From:
Andy Dougherty
Date:
June 25, 2008 10:11
Re: [perl #43267] [RESOLVED] Counting bug in Test::Harness withunexpected early exit
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.64.0806251305580.28057@fractal.phys.lafayette.edu
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Bram via RT wrote:

> According to our records, your request regarding
>   "Counting bug in Test::Harness with unexpected early exit"
> has been resolved.
>
> If you have any further questions or concerns, please respond to this message.
>
> For other topics, please create a new ticket.
>
> Please don't feel obligated to say "Thanks" or "Kudos" or "I owe you a beer" -- if you respond to this message it will reopen the ticket. If you must, please send email directly to the person who handled your ticket, and not to the tracking system.

Is it really resolved?  I just tested it now on bleadperl
with the exact same script in the bug report, and got a different
failure mode:

    $ ./perl -Ilib utils/prove bug.t

    bug......Can't locate Test.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
    /home/doughera/my/perl/lib/5.11.0/sun4-solaris
    /home/doughera/my/perl/lib/5.11.0
    /home/doughera/my/perl/lib/site_perl/5.11.0/sun4-solaris
    /home/doughera/my/perl/lib/site_perl/5.11.0 .) at bug.t line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at bug.t line 1.
    bug...... Dubious, test returned 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
     No subtests run

    Test Summary Report
    bug.t (Wstat: 512 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
      Non-zero exit status: 2
      Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
    Files=1, Tests=0,  0 wallclock secs ( 0.01 usr +  0.00 sys =  0.01 CPU)
    Result: FAIL

It seems my '-Ilib' isn't getting passed through.  @INC only contains
the directories for my as-yet-uninstalled perl.

--
    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafayette.edu