Accessing caller's %^H at runtime in 5.8.x.

From:
Paul Fenwick
Date:
June 21, 2008 07:13
Subject:
Accessing caller's %^H at runtime in 5.8.x.
Message ID:
485D0C81.8010402@perltraining.com.au
G'day p5p,

I'm working on autodie, and after investigating many, many different avenues
of attack, I've discovered that my tricks for making lexical replacements
for built-ins just don't when it comes to regular subroutines.

This isn't a problem for me under 5.10, where I can simply peek at the
caller's %^H and determine if the autodie pragma should be in effect for
that sub, however it's been causing me to lose sleep trying to get things
working under 5.8.

On the assumption that %^H exists at run-time, is there any way to examine
the caller's %^H at run-time under 5.8?  I'm happy to start digging into XS
to find it, provided I know it's within the realm of possibility.

Many thanks,

	Paul

--
Paul Fenwick <pjf@perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/