Re: IPC::Run [was: This Week on perl5-porters - 1-6 June 2008]

From:
Craig A. Berry
Date:
June 18, 2008 20:08
Re: IPC::Run [was: This Week on perl5-porters - 1-6 June 2008]
Message ID:
c9ab31fc0806182008k2bc1cc44pd5eb67621b2fb30@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 8:42 PM, Jan Dubois <jand@activestate.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Barrie Slaymaker wrote:
>>

>> Are Win32 pipes select()able now, in modern Windows and/or perls?
>
> No, they are not, and I assume never will be.

select() only works on sockets on VMS as well.  It's occasionally come
up that they might make it work on other kinds of filehandles
eventually, but so far haven't.