Re: Perl 5.8 and perl 5.10 differences on UTF/Pack things

From:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Alberto_Sim=F5es?=
Date:
June 18, 2008 07:41
Re: Perl 5.8 and perl 5.10 differences on UTF/Pack things
Message ID:
48591E9B.3010806@alfarrabio.di.uminho.pt

Nicholas Clark wrote:
>> Alberto Simões wrote:
>>> Hi, Folks
>>>
>>> I have some code that somewhere do:
>>>
>>>        if (utf8::is_utf8($chave)) {
>>>          print IDX pack('a*x',$chave);
>>>        }
>>>
>>> This IDX was opened without any special binmode.
>>>
>>> For the same input, I get it working on perl 5.8, and not working on
>>> 5.10 (Wide character in print).
>>>
>>> ANy hints?
>
> I'm guessing that it's Ton's changes to pack/unpack to make them
> self-consistent.

Yes, they are (looked in perldelta)

 > could you share the part that was relevant?

And what is it?

--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                  Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal