Re: Perl 5.8 and perl 5.10 differences on UTF/Pack things

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
June 18, 2008 07:38
Re: Perl 5.8 and perl 5.10 differences on UTF/Pack things
Message ID:
20080618143838.GJ99534@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 03:35:47PM +0100, Alberto Simes wrote:
> Ok, I've RTFM

but:

> Alberto Simões wrote:
> >Hi, Folks
> >
> >I have some code that somewhere do:
> >
> >        if (utf8::is_utf8($chave)) {
> >          print IDX pack('a*x',$chave);
> >        }
> >
> >This IDX was opened without any special binmode.
> >
> >For the same input, I get it working on perl 5.8, and not working on
> >5.10 (Wide character in print).
> >
> >ANy hints?

could you share the part that was relevant?

I'm guessing that it's Ton's changes to pack/unpack to make them
self-consistent.

Nicholas Clark