DEBUGGING and PL_use_safe_putenv

From:
Mattia Barbon
Date:
June 13, 2008 15:26
Subject:
DEBUGGING and PL_use_safe_putenv
Message ID:
4852F3A3.8000807@libero.it
   Hi,
I am experiencing an error when using wxPerl under Linux
with a Perl build with DEBUGGING [1].  Just running

perl -MWx -e 42

causes a "free from wrong pool during global destruction"
while freeing the environment; the reason seems to be some
calls to setenv()/putenv() inside GTK+ and wxGTK.

   Just adding PL_use_safe_putenv to wxPerl initialization
makes the symptom disappear, but I am not sure what the
other effects of that might be.

   Does anybody know a solution or better workaround for
that problem?

Thanks!
Mattia

[1] like Fedora-shipped Perl