Re: Change 34005: Re: CPAN Upload: S/SA/SAPER/Sys-Syslog-0.25.tar.gz

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
June 11, 2008 15:19
Re: Change 34005: Re: CPAN Upload: S/SA/SAPER/Sys-Syslog-0.25.tar.gz
Message ID:
20080611221936.GC99534@plum.flirble.org
On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 02:55:21AM +0200, Sbastien Aperghis-Tramoni wrote:

> Nicholas, is there anything that prevent ExtUtils::Constant 0.20 (the
> one in blead and 5.10.0) to be released on CPAN?  It seems to work
> with 5.8 and 5.6.  Funnily, the tests also pass with 5.5 even though
> there's this warning, which I would have expected to make them fail:
>   Character class syntax [: :] is reserved for future extensions at
> blib/lib/ExtUtils/Constant/Utils.pm line 95
>
> If you lack the time to release it, may I offer my help?

Well, for now I got rather lazy and stuck a tarball together without updating
Changes. Could you test

  http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/P/ExtUtils-Constant-0.21.tar.gz

on whatever interesting collection of perl versions you have, and if it seems
to be OK, I'll upload it to CPAN.

> Also, checking on RT CPAN, I see this unanswered ticket from Marcus:
>   ยป http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=29968
> AFAICT, it wasn't applied in blead and seems still valid.

Thanks for spotting that. I applied it to blead as change 34044.

Nicholas Clark