Re: [perl #54702] Feature: regexp modifier to disable interpolation like m''

From:
Ed Avis
Date:
June 3, 2008 09:59
Re: [perl #54702] Feature: regexp modifier to disable interpolation like m''
Message ID:
loom.20080603T165425-484@post.gmane.org
Abigail <abigail <at> abigail.be> writes:

>I like the idea of being able to do a non-interpolating pattern - just
>as we have C<qq> and C<q> for strings, but then as a different operator.
>But that should have been long time ago, not worth breaking code now.

Whatever change is made should not break any existing code.  Adding a new regexp
modifier such as /d won't do that, because no existing code uses that modifier.
 Currently /d is a syntax error.

% perl -E '/x/d'
Bareword found where operator expected at -e line 1, near "/x/d"

--
Ed Avis <eda@waniasset.com>