develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2008

Re: Smoker segfaults on OpenBSD 4.1

From:
Abe Timmerman
Date:
May 3, 2008 11:41
Re: Smoker segfaults on OpenBSD 4.1
Message ID:
481BA003.5040208@test-smoke.org
Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> 2008/4/30 Steven Schubiger <stsc@members.fsf.org>:
>>  Writing report to '/home/sts/perl-current/mktest.rpt':perl:/home/sts/perl-current/lib/auto/Fcntl/Fcntl.so: undefined symbol 'Perl_Istack_sp_ptr'
>>  lazy binding failed!
>>  Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> That would be PL_stack_sp, essential to any XS code. Can you load any
> XS module with this perl at all ?

This looks like the perl running Test::Smoke (5.8.8), tries to load the xs
stuff from the perl-current tree. I've had a similar report for FreeBSD
7-release.

I haven't been able to reproduce, or start to understand why this is
happening :(

I hope to speak to the FreeBSD person next mongers meeting.

Abe.
--
  _  | "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
( ) | I think so, Brain, but shouldn't the bat boy be wearing a cape? (22