Re: [patch]perl5db.pl - What I needed to get the forked debugger towork on Linux/Cygwin

From:
John E. Malmberg
Date:
April 27, 2008 07:14
Re: [patch]perl5db.pl - What I needed to get the forked debugger towork on Linux/Cygwin
Message ID:
48148A0D.4080804@qsl.net
Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> 2008/4/26 Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgarciasuarez@gmail.com>:
>> 2008/4/25 John E. Malmberg <wb8tyw@qsl.net>:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>  >
>>  >  I just tried to use the forked debugger under LINUX, and all it would do is
>>  > bring up the xterm, but kept the debugger I/O in the main session.
>>  >
>>  >  I had to put the attached patches on to get it to work.  With Perl 5.10,  I
>>  > added some code to get the forked debugger to work on VMS, and it seems to
>>  > be needed for LINUX.
>>  >
>>  >  One note, on Cygwin, if you close the forked debugger window, the perl
>>  > session hangs.
>>  >
>>  >  I would appreciate if someone could review these patches.
>>
>>  Thanks, I've applied the 5.10 patch to bleadperl as change #33751.
>>

> I have reverted it as change #33753 now: I forgot about perl5db.t, and
> this change breaks the test, for a reason still unknown to me.

Ok, I will try to see what the issue is.  I suspect that the test is
causing the debugger to fork and then wait for input on an X11 terminal.

-John
wb8tyw@qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only