Re: [patch]perl5db.pl - What I needed to get the forked debugger to work on Linux/Cygwin

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
April 27, 2008 00:40
Re: [patch]perl5db.pl - What I needed to get the forked debugger to work on Linux/Cygwin
Message ID:
b77c1dce0804270040l2552be82mff76d2ffcacd5fd2@mail.gmail.com
2008/4/26 Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgarciasuarez@gmail.com>:
> 2008/4/25 John E. Malmberg <wb8tyw@qsl.net>:
>
> > Hello all,
>  >
>  >  I just tried to use the forked debugger under LINUX, and all it would do is
>  > bring up the xterm, but kept the debugger I/O in the main session.
>  >
>  >  I had to put the attached patches on to get it to work.  With Perl 5.10,  I
>  > added some code to get the forked debugger to work on VMS, and it seems to
>  > be needed for LINUX.
>  >
>  >  One note, on Cygwin, if you close the forked debugger window, the perl
>  > session hangs.
>  >
>  >  I would appreciate if someone could review these patches.
>
>  Thanks, I've applied the 5.10 patch to bleadperl as change #33751.

I have reverted it as change #33753 now: I forgot about perl5db.t, and
this change breaks the test, for a reason still unknown to me.