Re: Linking with DynaLoader and ExtUtils::Embed::ldopts since 5.10

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
April 26, 2008 14:29
Re: Linking with DynaLoader and ExtUtils::Embed::ldopts since 5.10
Message ID:
20080426212859.GD84051@plum.flirble.org
On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 11:22:14PM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:

> If I overlooked something (with my cygwin specialities) I stand
> corrected, otherwise I'll happily provide a patch to fix
> the wrong static section in ext/DynaLoader/Makefile.PL to generate the
> archive again.

The object file is part of libperl.a (or libperl.so, for a shared Perl
library):

$ ar t libperl.a | tail
xsutils.o
globals.o
perlio.o
perlapi.o
numeric.o
mathoms.o
locale.o
pp_pack.o
pp_sort.o
DynaLoader.o

I've never looked at the code in ExtUtils::Embed::ldopts - if you patch it
so that it doesn't try to link to DynaLoader, does everything work again?

An addition to the test suite would be really useful, if you're able to
easily create one.

Nicholas Clark