Re: One less File::Copy bug

From:
Abigail
Date:
April 25, 2008 04:53
Re: One less File::Copy bug
Message ID:
20080425115345.GB28497@abigail.be
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 06:18:12PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> I'm surprised how long it took us to make such an easy fix.

I remember offering many years ago to fix this, but then it wasn't
deemed a bug - it was 'documented' to behave like this.

And I'm offering to fix the permission bit issues, unless we're too
afraid it will break existing code. (Someone, somewhere, is probably
relying in File::Copy dropping the execution bit).

> Sorry Abigail, you're going to have to update your talk.

Not a problem - I still have my talk on 'print (...) interpreted as function'
talk... ;-)

Abigail