Re: tpp_gui.pl forking problem

From:
Tels
Date:
April 23, 2008 02:01
Re: tpp_gui.pl forking problem
Message ID:
200804231101.27307@bloodgate.com
On Wednesday 23 April 2008 09:02:21 Aschwin van der Woude wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Oops, forgot to mention the most important bits.
>
> This is on Linux (Debian Etch) with version 3.5.3 of TPP behind
> Apache version 2.2.3.
>
> After some more trial and error we discovered that the "open STDERR,
> '>/dev/null'" statement is not liked by fork(). Merely commenting
> that statement makes it work again.

I had a similiar problem last week on Ubuntu with Net::Server, such
statements did fail for both STDERR and STDIN. It was because the
server was running as chroot() and /dev/null was no longer available
inside the change root. Maybe this is related to your problem?

All the best,

tels

--
 Signed on Wed Apr 23 11:00:16 2008 with key 0x93B84C15.
 View my photo gallery: http://bloodgate.com/photos

 "In 1988, Jack Thompson ran against Janet Reno for DA of Dade County:
 Thompson's unique campaign message was that Reno was unfit for the job
 because, as a closeted lesbian with a drinking problem, she was great
 candidate for blackmail by the criminal element. Jack never explained
 why this remained a threat even after he exposed her 'secret'. Reno
 cruised at the polls."