Re: Make built-in list functions continuous

From:
David Nicol
Date:
April 13, 2008 13:23
Re: Make built-in list functions continuous
Message ID:
934f64a20804131322m191f0107o28c08c1b54130641@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 10:21 PM, Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis@gmx.de> wrote:
>  the fact that Perl's `map` can produce an arbitrary
>  number of output elements per input element is an extremely
>  useful property

I completely agree with you and that is why my proposed map-replacing
macro (which I might put on CPAN under "Macrame::map" or something)
does C< for(do{BLOCK}) { NEXT_BLOCK_LEFTWARD } > instead of
simply assigning to $_.

A ( one in, one out )  mapping rewriter would be unacceptable confusing
except under a new keyword; that was "cmap"

although I did not put sufficient time into the post to work out bugs and
even maintain consistent terminology through it.  Guilty as charged.

--
bringing useful insights from Computer Science to the larger world