develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2008

Re: Append "64" suffix in some of the perl's installed files (under /usr/bin)

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
March 31, 2008 15:59
Re: Append "64" suffix in some of the perl's installed files (under /usr/bin)
Message ID:
20080331225901.GR79799@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 06:36:32PM +0100, Dominic Dunlop wrote:

> Sadly, Apple has not offered patches corresponding to its build
> process to the porters, and nobody on the list has, to my knowledge,
> reproduced it. perl itself can give some hints:

Well, there is an offer of sorts outstanding:

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 05:44:28PM -0800, Edward Moy wrote:

> Other issues with multiple architecture support exists, that the Mac
> OS X version of perl has to deal with, such as header files that deal
> correctly with sizes and endianness, and having Config know the
> correct sizes of its integer types in each architecture.  I have been
> meaning to post these patches back, but every time I try, I get heaped
> on by other work.  If someone (Nicholas?) is willing to take my raw
> patch files and work them into properly formatted perl patch
> submissions, that would make it easier for me.

I know that I don't have the time to offer to do this, now or in the
foreseeable future. (Clearly Edward doesn't either)

Nicholas Clark