develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2008

pod wiki?

From:
Reini Urban
Date:
March 23, 2008 10:40
Subject:
pod wiki?
Message ID:
47E69653.8030305@x-ray.at
To Schwern about http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/

It's nice to have a state-of-the-art wysiwyg wiki, but I'd vastly prefer
a pod wiki. Isn't this possible?

E.g. I try to create a F<perloptreeguts.pod> for core without the usual
patches submission and review, just online community interaction. We'll
see, just an attempt.

At first I had to convert it from pod to the social text wiki syntax
(Thanks Aristotle btw.), and now when I try to get to the real guts
I have to convert it back from social text to pod. This drives me
crazy.

Not that I'm a wiki newbie and wiki hater. Me (phpwiki) and Patrick
Michaud (pmwiki and perl6) and of course Ingy maintain some of the best
wiki engines out there in the wild. So there's definitely an affinity.

I don't know any pod wiki, but
   * http://axkit.org/wiki/
   * CGI::Wiki::Formatter::Pod within CGI::Wiki
   * Pod::Simple::Wiki
look fine.
--
Reini Urban