develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2008

Re: some junk in patch 33505 ?

From:
Jim Cromie
Date:
March 23, 2008 07:24
Re: some junk in patch 33505 ?
Message ID:
47E667E9.4040400@gmail.com
Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 06:04:43AM -0600, Jim Cromie wrote:
>
>> we appear to have some stowaway files (*.swp *.swo, *.pm~)
>> in MANIFEST
>>

> t/Module_Pluggable/21editor_junk.t explicitly tests that these files are
> being ignored.
>

>> they cause a Configure run, in an lndir-cloned directory, to break with
>> ..   APPEARS TO BE INCOMPLETE
>>

>> this patch fixes it for me.
>>

> but it's not the correct solution. I don't know what the true cause of the
> problem is, but it's not the presence of these files. I can build with
> -Dmksymlinks, so I'm not sure what's up.
>
> Nicholas Clark

Ack.

Id wondered why it didnt break my rsync'd bleadperl re-config & build,
and almost mentioned it, but wanted to keep out 'extraneous chatter'.
seems it wasnt so extraneous.

thanks for clarifying.
seems I finally have to toss the lndir habit overboard.
(or - gasp - figure out what went wrong ;-)