develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2008

Re: some junk in patch 33505 ?

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
March 23, 2008 05:27
Re: some junk in patch 33505 ?
Message ID:
20080323122658.GU79799@plum.flirble.org
On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 06:04:43AM -0600, Jim Cromie wrote:
> we appear to have some stowaway files (*.swp *.swo, *.pm~)
> in MANIFEST

t/Module_Pluggable/21editor_junk.t explicitly tests that these files are
being ignored.

> they cause a Configure run, in an lndir-cloned directory, to break with
> ..   APPEARS TO BE INCOMPLETE
>

> this patch fixes it for me.

but it's not the correct solution. I don't know what the true cause of the
problem is, but it's not the presence of these files. I can build with
-Dmksymlinks, so I'm not sure what's up.

Nicholas Clark