develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2008

Re: Interesting self contained task

From:
Reini Urban
Date:
March 22, 2008 06:59
Re: Interesting self contained task
Message ID:
47E510B4.3000203@x-ray.at
Joshua ben Jore schrieb:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Elliot Shank <perl@galumph.com> wrote:
>> renee.baecker@smart-websolutions.de wrote:
>>  > Am 29.02.2008 um 11:10 Uhr haben Sie geschrieben:
>>  >> It's really starting to feel like whatever "we" do to attempt to
>>  >> get new volunteers in to have fun hacking on Perl, it just isn't
>>  >> going to work.
>>  >
>>  > Maybe this could be changed if people start to know more about the
>>  > perl internals. I spoke to MHX about a hackathon with the theme "Perl
>>  > 5 ToDo" (according to the perldoc perltodo) where two or three  Perl
>>  > 5 Porter (with deep knowledge) can give an introduction into the Perl
>>  >  internals and the attendees can learn more about everything works
>>  > together.
>>  >
>>  > The Perl internals seems to be quite complex, so an introduction
>>  > could help.
>>  >
>>  > To organize such a hackathon is on my todo for next year (if no one
>>  > else is organizing a hackathon this year).
>>
>>  It would be great if someone would do a presentation at YAPC::NA this year.
>
> Late last year I wrote a 50 minute presentation on Perl 5 guts
> focusing on the optree for SPUG, the Seattle Perl User's Group. I've
> already submitted it to OSCON. In general, I think it's knowledge that
> I'd like more perl hackers to have. Feel free to steal from it if you
> wish. I think that since I've submitted it to OSCON that it's a no-no
> to also submit it to YAPC. If not, I could do perform this on a stage
> or let someone else do it.
>
> # KPresenter rendered to HTML. I intend to rerender it in S5.
> http://diotalevi.isa-geek.net/~josh/Presentations/Perl%205%20VM/

I prefer official and public material over talks.

I've added a brief outline to the wiki
   http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?optree_guts
but a perloptreeguts.pod would be preferred.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/