develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2008

perl 5.10.1 plan

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
March 21, 2008 07:29
Subject:
perl 5.10.1 plan
Message ID:
20080321142932.GA22593@iabyn.com
Hi folks,
I want to draw up a list of what definitely needs to go into 5.10.1.

The way I see it, the things that really, really need to go in, are:

* fixes for regressions since 5.8.x; i.e. we've broken the behaviour or
performance of something.

* design fixes for new features (eg given/when), where the behaviour isn't
quite what we'd like, and we want to change the behaviour quickly before
people get used to it.

Hopefully we can then point people to 5.10.1 and tell them this is the
perl they should now be installing, rather than 5.8.x.

So...

Can people tell me what they think needs fixing; ideally can you supply:
* bug numbers if any,
* patch numbers if its already fixed in bleed,
* or info that person X is working on fixing it,
* or that no-ones working on it, in which case we'll need to arrange some
  volunteers

Note that at the moment, I'm not particularly interested in bugs that are
also present in 5.8.x; just the show stoppers for 5.10.1.

--
Never work with children, animals, or actors.