develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2008

Re: Interesting self contained task

From:
Tels
Date:
March 18, 2008 03:25
Re: Interesting self contained task
Message ID:
200803181118.09021@bloodgate.com
renee.baecker@smart-websolutions.de wrote:
> > Am 29.02.2008 um 11:10 Uhr haben Sie geschrieben:
> > > It's really starting to feel like whatever "we" do to attempt to
> > > get
> >
> > new
> >
> > > volunteers in to have fun hacking on Perl, it just isn't going to
> >
> > work.
> >
> > Maybe this could be changed if people start to know more about the
> > perl internals. I spoke to MHX about a hackathon with the theme
> > "Perl 5 ToDo" (according to the perldoc perltodo) where two or
> > three  Perl 5 Porter (with deep knowledge) can give an introduction
> > into the Perl internals and the attendees can learn more about
> > everything works together.
>
> Well, de facto I offered one-to-one remote learning course in the
> Perl internals (the interesting self contained task) to anyone on
> this list who is interested. There are over 400 people subscribed to
> this list (that's larger than the attendance at any YAPC) and quite
> probably subscribers here are more likely to be interested in the
> Perl core than the average YAPC attendee.
>
> Yet no-one wants to take it up.
>
> Actions speak louder than works.

Apart from being busy with my real life, I also have been sick the past
two weeks. For the near future, I will behappy to finally release new
BigInt versions. Hopefully I managed at least that. Sorry.

I am interested in the Perl core, I just don't have the time and energy
to start with it.

Tels

--
 Signed on Tue Mar 18 11:16:41 2008 with key 0x93B84C15.
 Get one of my photo posters: http://bloodgate.com/posters

 "In my opiniation, "burglarize" is a perfectionally validative
 wordification. How else would reportization of the securitial/policial
 forceship appearize to be importantive enoughly to be respectative by
 the massmediaship and influentate the societyness?"

  -- SharpFang (651121) on 2004-12-13 at /. about "burgle"
vs. "burglarize"